Saturday 21 October 2017

My Journey Of Learning Programming Through Flatiron School #43

flatiron school

My name is Mason Ellwood, and I’m currently working on Flatiron School’s Online Full Stack Web Development Program. Each week, I’ll be writing about my experience, what I’m learning, and tips on learning to code.

Building culture at work always seemed a little odd to me… I mean the idea itself does not seem odd; building a group of people up and creating a positive and active workforce all driving towards the same goal. Yah I mean it seems simple enough. It also seems like such a huge focus of so many companies, constantly being retold about the culture that a company has, and told and showcases like a gift to the workforce. Almost as if to say “hey if you work somewhere else, then you will be miserable”, because they do not have this hyper-defined culture that is cultivated at your current location. Then why is that so hard to find?

I have worked at a lot of companies, meaning I have worked at less than 10 and for some reason, it is hard to find a culture at these places that actually reflect this hard defined temperament of the general population of the workforce. But when you find it you really find it, it’s almost a slap in the face. It’s almost odd and kinda takes you back a step.

When I started The Flatiron School, I was not expecting to find anything more there then what I had with any of my other online class I have taken in college. And I don’t know about you, but every single class I took online I basically thought I was taking myself. On a solo mission to figure something out. But here’s where I was slapped in the face.

The Flatiron School was different, and yah almost odd. How are all these students, who have never met each other SO invested in each other and in the curriculum?! I have made a friend in an online class, I mean COME ON?! I don’t know how they did it but they really did. They have created a culture at The Flatiron School that not only loves what they do, but are willing to set aside their time to help each other. If that does not speak for the curriculum I don’t know what does.

I know this post has nothing to do with code, but I am having fun in an online class. I know it’s weird… So hats off to them if anything haha.

Read More at My Journey Of Learning Programming Through Flatiron School #43



from Web Design Ledger https://webdesignledger.com/my-journey-of-learning-programming-through-flatiron-school-43/

No comments:

Post a Comment