Tuesday 31 May 2016

How I Started as a Web Designer and Built a 250 Person Company

How I Started as a Web Designer and Built a 250 Person Company

I run a company called Envato. There are two hundred and fifty people who work here, and every month our sites notch up thirty five million visits. It’s a pretty successful business and one I’m very proud of. When we started, I never dreamed we’d get to this level.

In fact, I used to imagine that successful companies were started by people in suits. People who reviewed spreadsheets of business opportunities, had been trained in what to do, and then, perhaps while smoking a cigar, selected one to dominate. But that’s not how we looked when we started Envato at all, and fortunately we didn’t let that stop us from giving it a go...

The post How I Started as a Web Designer and Built a 250 Person Company appeared first on Vandelay Design.



from Vandelay Design http://www.vandelaydesign.com/envato-web-designer-built-250-person-company/

No comments:

Post a Comment